Two years ago today, I started this blog with a little post. In July 2008, I felt like I was coming really late to the party. But it’s amazing to see how the association blogging community has grown, changed, and matured in the past two years: blogs have launched, blogs have faded, bloggers have changed jobs, bloggers have changed the focus of their blogs, bloggers have launched businesses, the available technologies have changed and improved.
Some of my favorite posts from the past year include:
- My Big Ideas Month posts: no agenda but “be better,” telling members no, cold-calling members, and what will you DO?.
- My series of “what can you actually use Twitter for?” stories, launched by “forget the how – worry about the why.”
- “Velvet rope or come party with me?” on inclusiveness.
- Some leadership posts I’ve written: next-gen leadership and generations, leadership and change in particular.
- Handling information overload and, related, on the importance of unplugging.
- Social media as religion.
Thanks for sticking with me and, as always, Thanks for Playing!
Image credit: globalnerdy